Thursday, July 30, 2009

Flower Girl Basket

I was asked to do a flower girl basket about two weeks ago. I wasn't sure how to go about it or what to all put on it. I didn't want to do too much and make it look tacky and at the same time I wanted to do enough to make it worth it.

I sat with the ivory basket in front of me for 2 hours before I even started on it.

This is what I came up with, and the best part, the client loved it!

All of the buttons are hand sewn on. The stem and the leaf of the flower is a hand embroidered chain stitch.
There is a line of buttons sewn along the bottom of the basket. I thought it needed something else.
The best part...it matches the bouquet she also ordered! There is also a matching boutonniere to go with this order, but silly me forgot to take a picture of it before it got shipped off.

So, now I guess I can add Flower Girl Baskets to the list of items available. Once I got started it was a lot of fun to make. It was just the process of getting there that wasn't as enjoyable :)

No comments: