Sunday, July 19, 2009

Buttons - The Good, The Bad and The Down right Ugly

So, as most of you know...I love buttons. I have so many and in all shapes, sizes and colors. In my studio, I have quite a few pounds (I don't even have a guess at how many pounds it is, lets just say too many!)

Over the past year I have come across some really pretty buttons as well as some that are very ugly. There have also been some "misfits" that must have struggled during creation.

I thought I would create a new blog series about my finds in the button world. Feel free to comment and tell me if you think these are good, bad or ugly. Beautiful or what were they thinking!

Have some buttons of your own that you think would fit into these categories? Send me an email and I can put up some pictures on my blog. rbkcreations@gmail.com

In a variety box of buttons I received I founds some HUGE buttons. They made me laugh so I created one stem of them. I like to call them buttons on steroids!
They ended up being some good colors to put together. It is a nice addition to the studio decor.
The stem on the left is the big buttons while the one on the right is the average size button stem to show the difference. It makes the other stems look so tiny.
And this is the big button stem next to a 30 stemmed bouquet. It is about 1/3 of the whole bouquet!

No comments: