Thursday, July 9, 2009

Adventures with Felt

I don't usually make felt bouquets. In fact before July 1st, I didn't even know how to do the fancy embroidery stitches. I had a customer email me and ask if I could create these for her.

She contacted me on July 1st and her wedding is on July 24th...in the United Kingdom. So that meant I had to teach myself (fast) how to do the stitches and get going on this order. With caffeine in hand, I was able to do all the stitching and get them done! We tried to do a cascade on the bride's bouquet, after four attempts it just wasn't working.

We decided that it would be best to keep the bride's bouquet in the original round shape, like the bridesmaids. The professional pictures will turn out better and it will just look better in general.

The order consisted of one bride bouquet, four bridesmaid bouquets, one groom boutonniere (Button Hole), six additional boutonnieres and three pin on corsages. The color scheme is cream and a dark navy blue.

Enjoy the pictures! :)

One of the Button Holes
Close up of the Bridesmaid Bouquet
1 of 4 Bridesmaid Bouquets


Closeup of the Bride's Bouquet


The bride's bouquet, without the cascade.



No comments: