Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cupcakes - A personal mission!

A year ago I found a cupcake recipe in a magazine that I just had to make. They had caramel in them, that is all I remember. They ended up being horrible. They were dense and tasted like flour. It just wasn't good at all. Even though the end result was bad I still had fun making them.

Sine that batch of dry, gross cupcakes it has been my personal mission (slight obsession) to make good cupcakes. I recently purchased a cupcake cookbook so I can play around with some different types and ingredients.

The first recipe was a Chocolate Chip Cupcake. They still weren't good. They were almost grainy. I wasn't too happy with that outcome. I felt very intimidated by the complexity of making good homemade cupcakes. I meant to take pictures of this batch but definitely forgot.

The second attempt (and the second in the book, I plan on going in order) was Carrot Cupcakes. I had to grate a pound of carrots which was a pain but they turned out soooooo good. I have a new motivation for making cupcakes. The 3rd batch (Yellow Buttermilk) are cooling right now waiting for frosting. Pictures of that batch will be up soon.



In the meantime, however, I will share some pictures of my Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting and a carrot on top, of course.


I got these super cute tulip cupcake liners on Etsy.

They were bakery quality (in my opinion). Very moist and perfect. They seemed to just disappear. A lot were consumed at the North Dallas Etsy Meeting. I will have to make them again, very soon!

I am back to having fun making them, ha, so I am sure I will be posting my successes and failures as I make them! Enjoy! (want the recipe, let me know and I can get it to you)

2 comments:

Katrina said...

they were sooo tasty! I was taking one home to my husband, and gobbled it up in the car... :)

crazyness said...

I begged her to make me more! I love love love these...Thank you Ari!